One of the questions I am asked the most is what I use on my skin. What is my skin care regime and how I look after it. How I look after my skin varies according to a couple of factors, such as time of year, how my skin is feeling and more. I didn’t have a regime until at least 2 years ago. Up until that point, I was using water, witch hazel and a body moisturiser. Oh how much I have learnt.
What I hope you will take away from this is the importance of a routine or process of skin care. Even if you have dry skin like I do, it doesn’t mean my regime will work for you. My advice would always be to speak to a specialist (i.e. dermatologist) or beautician. You can also check out some of my other skin care posts, such as Quick Skin Type Fixes, Male skin needs love too and Layering your skin care products.
If you know me well, you know that skin care is very important to me. Much more so than make-up. I love make-up but I maintain it is there to enhance the natural you. Yes, even if you have acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, dark circles and more. I know that make-up affords some confidence at times but that confidence is within you, not in any make-up product. I hear alot of people refer to their skin as ‘good skin’ or ‘bad skin’. Yes, I have an opinion on that too. As long as you are looking after any skin conditions or issues then you are doing the best for you skin. That is what is important. What’s truly important is knowing your skin and treating it well.
You are likely to find me on a daily basis with no make-up (apart from filled in brows and lipgloss/ stick). I make sure I follow my regime religiously night and day. Even if I come home in the early hours of the morning after a shoot, I always make sure my skin is clean and moisturised.
This post will include my bare face- with some cheesy grins of course! They will not be pictures of me with full foundation claiming it is my skin.
- Daily cleanse with Simple Moisturising Facial Wash or Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel (love this product! It is an oil, gel, and the milk). I do this in the shower.
- I exfoliate at least 2 times a week with St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub. I sometimes use porridge oats and moisturiser.
- Simple Toner to ensure all products are removed from my skin and to balance and soothe the skin.
- I talk alot about the darkness around my eyes. I use my homemade eye cream day and night and once a week (not pictured).I also use my Clarins Eye Contour Balm when I have it (at least every 4 months or so). I find my homemade cream is extremely hydrating.
- Clarins Double Serum is my most expensive skin care product. It retails for £55 approx here in the UK. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and absolutely love it. I am finishing up a review on that for next week. I do have to co-sign on it though. It is amazing.
- Moisturiser is also Clarins Multi Active Day.
- Vaseline for the lips (not pictured). I do a sugar scrub for the lips at least every 2 weeks.
- Simple Face wipes to clean my face of any product, dirt, oil eye make-up.
- I use the face wash or cleansing gel as per point one above.
- Eye cream.
- Clarins Serum.
- Night moisturiser and vaseline.
Important to note the following:
- I leave each a gap of at least 5-8 mins between products
- I use luke warm water- never hot. Sometimes I use cold water to refresh the skin and wake me up in the morning.
- With the serum I always squirt the product in my hands and rub together to activate rather than play connect the dots with it on my skin.
- I try and sleep on my back so as not to rub off the product with the pillow or pick up hidden dirt and oils from your pillow case.
All moisturised up after my regime, shining bright like a diamond (thanks Rihanna)!
How I leave my house…with brows and lips! Brows make a difference for sure.
The top pic is inside the house and the other is a car pic in the daylight so the lighting differs. No camera tricks. My face is a little red in the top pic as I went through the whole regime in quick time for this picture- sorry! 🙂
Hope you enjoyed this post.
If you have any questions about starting a regime or skin care questions in general- get in touch. I’m very social, look…
You can also subscribe to this blog. It is easy, just leave your email address in the section below and confirm the instructions on the email.
Until next time!
Big clean skin besos!