Yay for Thursday! It has been a long while indeed since I did an ‘on location’ post. I enjoy being able to take you on some of my movements and I will hopefully be adding some vlogs to my YouTube channel in due course.
So Professional Beauty (PB)London 2016 rolled into town on the 28th and 29th February. By it’s own admission it is ‘the must attend event for Salon and Spa professionals‘. Think hair, nails, makeup, treatments and an awesome reason to network and learn from the best in those fields and more and you have PB in a the smallest nutshell possible.
PB London’s home was ExCel London and you can only imagine the sheer scale of the event if you haven’t been to this venue before. There were over 800 different brands under this supersize roof, showcasing all they had to offer and it certainly didn’t disappoint. I have attended in the past and this year had a bigger and more exciting feel to it. I skipped last year as the time I attended before did not provide much in the way of makeup, which is of course my speciality. This year they had a couple of my favourite brands there which reassured me I made the right decision in attending. NYX, Ingot and Crown Brushes to name a few were front and centre repping for the makeup enthusiasts. The line at NYX appeared to be never ending and was pretty much around corners and alleyways from opening to closing. I did manage to snag some goodies from the show which you will see later. I got to renew my insurance with Babtac at a discounted rate and got a great free gift from Janssen Cosmetics for doing so. Sweet!
The show really is a big draw for those in the salon and spa industry for a couple of reasons. Being able to try out the latest products first hand is a plus in any book. You’re able to get up close and personal in a way that you wouldn’t normally. You can ask questions, watch demos, take part in competitions, try things on, order in bulk and get things at a discounted trade show price, which let’s face it is always a good look. There was no ‘hard sell’ from vendors but rather a whole lot of people who were really excited about their products. The atmosphere was buzzing and infectious. Seeing spray tan teams have pep talks to manicurists give high-5s every time a purchase was made, it truly was an experience. Want custom coloured towels or uniforms? Then you this was the event for you.
As a beauty blogger there was an awesome opportunity to meet other bloggers and vendors who were looking for bloggers. Networking that looks like this takes some of the awkwardness out of approaching people you don’t know. There was a relaxed vibe that just tied it all together. I have made some great connections and am looking forward to big things continuing for The Beauty Holder this year.
My friend Miss Cat Nails debuted her new range at the show and being able to support her in this venture was the glitter on the lips or nails in her case for me. Find out more about her gorgeously amazing nail art here.
Professional Beauty will be all across the UK and Ireland this year with stops in Manchester, Dublin and Belfast. They will be stopping in India, Dubai and South Africa also this year. Worldwide and then some. They will be busy for sure!
If you’re getting overwhelmed at the thought of attending such a huge event like this and haven’t done so before, here are some Beauty Holder tips and other useful bits of info!
- You do not have to be a professional to attend. You can go as a visitor. So even if you just love makeup or skincare for example you will still find it a great experience.
- Have a budget in mind. Even with products at a discounted price, you can end up spending unnecessarily and get caught up. Most places accept cards but others are cash only.
- Make a list of what you really need and find out what vendors will be in attendance. Details are out months in advance and constantly being updated.
- If you’re a student this is for you!
- Network on social media and any other way you want to before you attend and find out who and what will be there. Jonathan Cheban (Kim Kardashian’s bestie and Chloe Sims Towie) were there.
- Take your food and snacks with you. You pay hefty for food and drink there. You have been warned!
- Be prepared to queue. There is a lot to see and lots of people who want to see it along with you. Put on your comfy shoes.
- Entry is normally free!!!!
- There are handouts and freebies galore.
- Lots of brow and mascara stalls too! By lots I mean LOTS!!
It is a fun day out with friends or your team if you’re able to do it.
You can see I did well to contain myself. From L. to R. Crown Brushes, Ingot Black Gel Liner 77 and my free skin care gift from Janssen Cosmetics. All in a Vegan bag! So excited to try this range so look out for a review coming soon.
Hope you enjoyed your little trip to Professional Beauty London 2016 with me.