Somewhere in the world it is Carnival season. Whether you’re in Barbados playing mass at Crop Over or preparing for Notting Hill’s Carnival here in the UK I am gonna share a fun a simple look that is super easy to achieve and pump up your carnival look. You can also rock this to festivals, masquerade parties or wherever the mood takes you!
What you need:
- Eyelash adhesive/ latex adhesive or face adhesive (you can get this from make-up or costume stores)
- Gems (self-adhesive or non) Glitter
- Your imagination
The gems I used were not self adhesive and were an assorted colour mix from HobbyCraft.
- Using a small amount of glue on the back of your hand or clean surface use tweezers or your hands to pick up the gems.
- Dip the felt back of the gems in the glue (the tiniest amount is enough)
- Wait for the glue to become a little tacky and then start sticking them on
- You can put them anywhere- hands, face- I would avoid the hair though!
- Apply over your makeup too.
Things to remember!
- Ensure that your face or wherever you are sticking them is clean.
- If you apply when the glue is too wet they are likely to fall off or become loose a lot sooner
- As the day wears on and you sweat or become hot they may move or fall off! Keep a couple extra with you if you prefer.
- Self adhesive ones have more sticking power so you may find these better.
- Most lash glue has latex so check that you are not allergic before use.
You can be as simple or dramatic as you want. There is no rhyme or reason to it but to do it. You don’t have to use the same gems or even make a pattern if you don’t want. Do what ever you want to! It’s your face!
The great thing about Carnival is you can be as bold and out there as you want. As I wanted this look simple my eyes are not the focal point. Stay tuned for the look using the Smashbox Full Exposure palette on the blog tomorrow.
I will do a more dramatic carnival look next week…. hope you’re ready! Oh Bacchanal!