Hey Beautiful People!
I tried to do my favourites every month when I first started blogging. Needless to say that I didn’t really follow through. Don’t worry, I slapped my hand for you. I am going to make more of an effort to do so this year so here is my first attempt.
There were products that I absolutely adored and some that I liked and some that were ok and so on down the chain until we get to loathe- I try not to hate! Strangely enough, I did not buy loads of beauty products. Loads of them I already had and I tried to make use of them.
Breaking down my beauty (includes make-up and skin care) spend would probably look like this. Look away now honey! 🙂
Miscellaneous is for things like the giveaways etc.
So here are the products I loved the most. If you have seen my posts then you know I am about that drug store life. So don’t expect too many high end products!
In no particular order:
- Jordana Best Lash Mascara and Fabuliner. I get way too excited about these in my YouTube Videos. Such a cheap product but seriously way too good.
- NYX Lipglosses in Dolly Pink, Smokey Look and Tea Rose. They smell delicious and are gorgeous on the lips.
- Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in every colour especially ‘As You Want Victoria’ and ‘Vintage Pink’
- Olay Quench with Shimmer. I am convinced I am from Twilight every time I use this. Great for dry skin as it really does quench and provide moisture where needed.
- Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance. Love this as a day and night cream. My skin loves this stuff.
- Ardell Accent Lashes. Enhances the eyes for a natural look. 305’s are a mix of natural and dramatic in one.
- Latex free cosmetic beauty sponges. Fell back in love with sponges again this year. Multi purpose!
- Armani Silk Foundation. Just like my skin but better.
- EOS Lip balms as they are super cute and long lasting.
- Make-Up Designory Foundation palettes. These are new and improved and are great for my kit. There are 2 palettes that cover mostly all tones and shades and can be mixed which gives me great matches. My brides have had a flawless beat with this product this year and I am impressed. A special mention on the AJ Crimson Foundations which I have a review coming on soon!
- MAC Eyeshadows– neutral tones mainly like Arena, Saddle, Brown Script and Bronze.
- MAC Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Magnetic Appeal. Ladies! This highlight will give you life!
- INGLOT Mattifying Pressed Powder. This stuff is a oily skin nightmare. One of my best buys this year.
- MAC Pro Conceal and Correct Palette. Genius product!
The others that were not pictured:
- Origins Charcoal Mask
- Simple Make-up Remover wipes
- Homemade Lemon Face Scrub
- Clarins Eye Serum
- Anastasia Brow Powder
- Cover Girl Queen Collection Pressed Powder
- Black Opal Stick Foundation
- Sleek Eyeshadow Palettes
- Revlon Lipgloss in Nude Lustre- discontinued but I got a couple to tide me over!
There are a couple extra special ones that will get the spotlight on their own, it is only right! Be on the look out for them.
What were you loving last year? Beauty or otherwise? Let me know. We can compare notes!
Hope you enjoyed this blog! I had fun looking back at some of the goodies I couldn’t get enough of last year.
Tomorrow: My US Beauty Haul so far!
Leave a Reply