Hey Everyone! I have the great pleasure in introducing one of my favourite beauty bloggers, Kate! All the way from across the pond in Canada, Kate is a beacon of knowledge on all things beauty. She is a beauty blogging (try and say that quickly 3 times) genius who makes the subject easy and fun. She has certainly inspired me in the short time that I have been blogging and I always look forward to my notifcations that she has has a new blog post out. Want to know more? Then read on for my interview and an insight into all things Kate!
- What’s your ‘can’t live without’ beauty product? Foundation or tinted moisturizer. Flawless skin is the foundation to any makeup look, and gives me the most confidence out of any feature. I don’t wear makeup every day, but I typically wear at least a tinted moisturizer when I’ll be out and about. My current favourite foundation is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation and for tinted moisturizer I like the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20.
- How did you get into beauty blogging? I’ve developed a love for beauty products (especially makeup!) over the past few years and wanted to become involved in the conversation versus simply bring an observer. I’ve always enjoyed writing and saw blogging as a creative outlet to bring my passion to life by sharing it with others.
- Lipstick or lipgloss? Blush or Bronzer? Eyeshadow or Eyebrows? Lipgloss – easier to apply when you’re in a hurry, and I love the glossy finish. Blush – my favourite beauty item by far! It can really bring life to the face and complete a look. Eyebrows – they play a big role in adding polish and make the eyes pop.
- Have you any beauty secrets that were passed down from your family? Experiment with different beauty products until you find the one(s) you like. My mom and I are both maximizers in that sense – we look for the best products to meet our needs, even if it means trying out multiple options!
- Most extravagant beauty/ make-up purchase? Probably my Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation which retails for about $40-50. The NAKED and NAKED 2 palettes are also pricy, but they include multiple shadows so they feel less extravagant. 🙂
- Ever gone to sleep with your make-up on? Not anymore! When I was younger, I would occasionally go to sleep with makeup on, but since becoming more into skincare and makeup, I’m religious about washing my face every night.
- Do you have a beauty Icon? Everyday women I see in my day-to-day life. Whether it be a pretty eyeshadow look or a bold lip colour, I find inspiration around me.
- What is your guilty pleasure? Reading trashy celebrity magazines – especially by the pool in the summer with a glass of pink lemonade!
- Do you have any pet peeves? If so, what are they? Poor spelling and reckless driving.
- What must-have beauty items do you keep in your purse? Lipstick and gloss, lip balm, hand cream.
Go on over to Kate’s blog to read my interview with my new Canadian friend.
Stay tuned for further collaborations between Kate and I. We have some exciting things coming up!